Please observe these guidelines in order to facilitate an undisturbed and mutually beneficial experience during online practice sessions:
- Please join on time. All participants should be in the online room at least 5 minutes before the bell.
- Minimize visual distractions for yourself and others. (No images or moving backgrounds.)
- Please have your video turned on. Being able to see each other supports the feeling of a shared space. If you prefer not to be on camera, you may also turn your video off.
- Our online room is set up such that your microphone will be muted as you enter. You will need to unmute yourself for events that require talking, such as a group dharma discussion. Please put your microphone back on mute after you’re done speaking.
Before and after zazen:
- We’ll bow in by bowing towards each other facing the screen.
- A bell will be rung 3 times to begin zazen (sitting meditation).
- When the first period is over, two bells will be rung. Bow once, while seated.
- There will be a 10-minute period of kinhin (walking meditation). During this time you may take a restroom break. Participants are welcome to enter or exit the online room during this interval.
- Three bells will be rung to begin the next period of zazen.
- One bell will be rung to close zazen. Please fluff the meditation cushion, or otherwise care for your meditation seat, and then turn to the screen again to all bow out together.
Boulder Zen Center is using the Zoom application for online practice events. To access the online Zendo, click the button below.