Boulder Zen Center
Welcome to the Boulder Zen Center. We are a lay Zen Buddhist practice center in the heart of Boulder, Colorado. Everyone is welcome to join our practice.
- THURSDAY EVENING ZAZEN WILL BE CANCELLED ON CHRISTMAS DAY AND NEW YEAR’S DAY
- New joint Membership program between the Boulder Zen Center and Crestone Mountain Zen Center starting December 8th
- Dates are set for the 2015 Seminars with Zentatsu Baker Roshi
- New monthly Dharma Weekends scheduled for January through May with Zenki Dillo Sensei
- We have scheduled a Zen Intro on Sunday, February 1st, 2015
Dharma Sangha Boulder is a Zen Buddhist practice center located in central Boulder, Colorado. The center owns the Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, and we have a Zendo (meditation room) at the B&B. Dharma Sangha is the lineage of Richard Baker Roshi, Dharma Heir of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi, and we are formally affiliated with the Crestone Mountain Zen Center, Dharma Sangha’s monastery on Crestone Mountain in Southern Colorado.
The heart of our practice is our daily meditation (zazen) schedule. We also practice a chanting and bowing service on weekday mornings. In addition, the center sponsors a number of Zen Seminars each year, as well as other practice events such as Sangha work days and potlucks.
Our Head Teacher is Richard Baker Roshi. Ryokan Gary Hardin, a long-time student of Baker Roshi is the Head of Practice (Tanto) in Boulder. Please see our calendar for a listing of the events scheduled for this year that are in addition to our daily practice schedule.
All of our practice is held in our Zendo at the Briar Rose, with the exception of two annual seminars with Baker Roshi, which are held at the Chautauqua Community House at the base of the mountains in Chautauqua Park (about 2 miles from the Briar Rose).