Boulder Zen Center
Welcome to the Boulder Zen Center. We are a lay Zen Buddhist practice center in the heart of Boulder, Colorado. Everyone is welcome to join our practice.
- There will be a Sangha meeting on Saturday, August 22nd from 11:15-12:30, following the normal Saturday Zazen and Dharma discussion. The meeting will be followed by a potluck. Feel free to attend the meeting and/or potluck, even if you cannot make the prior events.
- We have scheduled a Zen Intro on Sunday, September 27th, 2015
- The monthly Tuesday evening discussion group will be on hiatus over the summer. The group will resume in September.
- There is a new joint Membership program between the Boulder Zen Center and Crestone Mountain Zen Center
- Dates have been set for the 2015-2016 Dharma Weekends with Zenki Dillo Sensei
Dharma Sangha Boulder is a Zen Buddhist practice center located in central Boulder, Colorado. The center owns the Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, and we have a Zendo (meditation room) at the B&B. Dharma Sangha is the lineage of Richard Baker Roshi, Dharma Heir of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi, and we are formally affiliated with the Crestone Mountain Zen Center, Dharma Sangha’s monastery on Crestone Mountain in Southern Colorado.
The heart of our practice is our daily meditation (zazen) schedule. We also practice a chanting and bowing service on weekday mornings. In addition, the center sponsors a number of Zen Seminars each year, as well as other practice events such as Sangha work days and potlucks.
Our Head Teacher is Richard Baker Roshi. Ryokan Gary Hardin, an ordained priest in the Soto Zen lineage of Zentatsu Baker Roshi, is the Head of Practice (Tanto) in Boulder. Please see our calendar for a listing of the events scheduled for this year that are in addition to our daily practice schedule.
All of our practice is held in our Zendo at the Briar Rose, with the exception of two annual seminars with Baker Roshi, which are held at the Chautauqua Community House at the base of the mountains in Chautauqua Park (about 2 miles from the Briar Rose).