Boulder Zen Center
Welcome to the Boulder Zen Center. We are a lay Zen Buddhist practice center in the heart of Boulder, Colorado. Everyone is welcome to join our practice.
- Evening zazen will be canceled on Thursday, Nov. 26th due to Thanksgiving
- Rohatsu Sesshin will take place at the Crestone Mountain Zen Center from Nov. 30th-Dec. 8th.
- The January seminar with Baker Roshi, as yet untitled, has been scheduled for Jan. 29-31, 2016 at the Chautauqua Community House.
- There is a new joint Membership program between the Boulder Zen Center and Crestone Mountain Zen Center
- Dates have been set for the 2015-2016 Dharma Weekends with Zenki Dillo Sensei
- The monthly Tuesday evening Open Discussion Group will resume on November 10th.
Dharma Sangha Boulder is a Zen Buddhist practice center located in central Boulder, Colorado. The center owns the Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, and we have a Zendo (meditation room) at the B&B. Dharma Sangha is the lineage of Richard Baker Roshi, Dharma Heir of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi, and we are formally affiliated with the Crestone Mountain Zen Center, Dharma Sangha’s monastery on Crestone Mountain in Southern Colorado.
The heart of our practice is our daily meditation (zazen) schedule. We also practice a chanting and bowing service on weekday mornings. In addition, the center sponsors a number of Zen Seminars each year, as well as other practice events such as Sangha work days and potlucks.
Our Head Teacher is Richard Baker Roshi. Ryokan Gary Hardin, an ordained priest in the Soto Zen lineage of Zentatsu Baker Roshi, is the Head of Practice (Tanto) in Boulder. Please see our calendar for a listing of the events scheduled for this year that are in addition to our daily practice schedule.
All of our practice is held in our Zendo at the Briar Rose, with the exception of two annual seminars with Baker Roshi, which are held at the Chautauqua Community House at the base of the mountains in Chautauqua Park (about 2 miles from the Briar Rose).