- We have scheduled a Zen Intro on September 14th.
- SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGE: We will discontinue the Tuesday and Thursday morning practices starting June 1. There will be no change to the Thursday evening schedule.
- The Monthly Tuesday evening Discussion Group will be on a summer hiatus until September.
- Dates are set for the 2014 Seminars with Zenki Christian Dillo Sensei.
- Dates are set for the 2015 Seminars with Zentatsu Baker Roshi.
Dharma Sangha Boulder is a Zen Buddhist practice center located in central Boulder, Colorado. The center owns the Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, and we have a zendo (meditation room) at the B&B. We practice in the lineage of Richard Baker Roshi, Dharma Heir of Shunryu Suzuki Roshi.
The heart of our practice is our daily meditation (zazen) schedule. We also practice a chanting and bowing service every weekday morning. In addition, the center sponsors a number of Zen practice seminars each year, as well as other practice events such as Sangha work days and potlucks.
Although there is no residential teacher at our center, a number of us have been studying together in Boulder for years or decades, and we are formally affiliated with the Crestone Mountain Zen Center in Crestone, Colorado.
Our Head Teacher is Richard Baker Roshi. Ryokan Gary Hardin, a long-time student of Baker Roshi is the Head of Practice (Tanto) in Boulder. Please see our calendar for a listing of the events scheduled for this year that are in addition to our daily practice schedule.
All of our practice is held in our Zendo at the Briar Rose, with the exception of two annual seminars with Baker Roshi, which are held at the Chautauqua Community House at the base of the mountains in Chautauqua Park (about 2 miles from the Briar Rose).